Invest in the Future
Winifred West Schools Foundation
The Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation, incorporated as a company limited by guarantee. Its Board of Directors includes two Governors, the President of Frensham Fellowship and eight further Directors elected by the Benefactors.
The Foundation’s purpose is to raise funds in support of the Schools’ Board of Governors and the Head’s endeavour in the continuous pursuit of excellence in all facets of education.
Professional Learning Scholarships for teachers are a highly valued Foundation initiative, complementing Frensham Schools’ world-class approach to the improvement of teacher practice.
Further information about WWS Foundation may be obtained from the Business Manager.
PO Box 34 Mittagong NSW 2575
Phone: +61 2 4860 2000 – Email: email@example.com
Funds raised by the Foundation are directed to one of the five principal funds:
- the Endowment Fund accumulates a capital base, which is invested. Income is distributed to the Schools to meet specific needs. Donations are not tax-deductible.
- the Building Fund consists of assembled funds that are spent on eligible building works. Donations are tax-deductible.
- the Bursary Fund (for Scholarships and Bursaries) is a specialist endowment fund which accumulates a capital base, and is invested. Income provides bursaries, in the form of Educational Grants and Scholarships. Donations are tax-deductible.
- the Library Fund accumulates funds to be spent on books and to benefit the Schools’ libraries. Donations are tax-deductible.
- the Iris Arts Fund accumulates a capital base, which is invested. Income is used to promote specific performance and visual arts and crafts projects and residencies. Donations are not tax-deductible.
Each generation has its dreams of what the world might be... you are needed, your integrity is needed... your vitality is needed, and your dreams are needed...
Winifred West, 1945