Expression through the Arts
Frensham has always nurtured the arts; they are an integral part of the fabric of the School. Whether it be in the performing arts (Music and Drama), art and design or writing, students are actively involved in creating and producing in a range of forms to express their unique and personal views about the world.
- Six Year 11s were selected to complete the National Art School’s HSC Intensive Studio Practice Workshops.
- Four students were selected for the Head On Photo Festival Student Prize – their works exhibited on screen at the Sydney Museum.
- The works of eleven girls were nominated, with three selected for the ARTEXPRESS Exhibition.
- A Year 8 student’s etching was awarded an Honourable Mention in 2017 Young Archies competition
- Four girls were shortlisted, with one selected for the SHAPE Exhibition of outstanding Major Projects.
- Frensham Madrigals were Grand Prix finalists in the John Lamble Australasian Choral Championship
- A year 12 student was nominated for ENCORE HSC Concert
- A Year 10 student was awarded the University of NSW Global Assessments (ICAS) highest award - the Gold Medal - in the annual Writing Competition
- One Year 11 student received a Highly Commended in the annual national Dorothea Mackellar Poetry Awards