The Frensham Equestrian Team has achieved a number of awards and honours in past years. Our young riders are regarded as some of the finest in Australia and often represent the School in local, state, and national events.
Frensham, for the seventh year in succession, was the Champion Secondary School in the NSW Interschool Equestrian Championships 2018. Our Junior School, Gib Gate, was awarded the Champion Primary School in the same competition.
State and National Competitors and Representatives in 2017
- Valentina Aliprandi (Year 12) represented Australia as a member of the Young Rider team (Ages 16-21) at the Australian Youth Show Jumping Festival and was selected in the 2017 Jumping NSW Young Rider and Junior Squad.
- Olivia Barton (Year 12) represented Australia at the Oceania Teams Championship against New Zealand in the 3-Day Event in Melbourne and was selected in the Australian Institute of Sport High Performance Squad.
- Thea Horsley (Year 12) won the Rod Winchester Memorial Trophy at the Sydney International Horse Trials.
- Amelia Douglass (Year 11) represented Australia at the Aquis Champions Tour Event (Show Jumping), competing against Japan, and was also selected in the 2017 Jumping NSW Young Rider and Junior Squad.
- Phoebe O’Connell (Year 10) was placed in Hunter Hack and Rider classes at the EA National Championships.
- Sophie Hatch (Year 9) was selected in the 2017 Jumping NSW Junior Squad.
- Ginger Kennett (Year 9) qualified for the Vaulting Junior World Championships.
- Maya Basson (Year 7), Camilla Warner (Year 7), Amy Thompson (Year 8), Sophie Hatch (Year 9) and Antoinette Inglis (Year 11) represented NSW at the Australian Interschools Championships.