Term 1 No 4 | 2023
Boarding and Day School FOR Girls
'Everyone's a boarder... not everyone sleeps over'
A forward-thinking Boarding School
Frensham is an outward-looking and forward-thinking boarding school that provides a rigorous and personalised academic programme, and meaningful, lifelong and valued connections.
- An inspiring culture and spectacular living and learning environment
- Girls are challenged and supported to develop the skills and the willingness to make a difference in the world.
Term 1 No 3 | 2023
- Frensham Life
The Frensham Difference
Everyone’s a Boarder...
not everyone sleeps over...
- Frensham is unique in Australia with more than 70% of the total enrolment in residence
- the experience of boarding is integral to the unique environment of Frensham
- Frensham is a school where each girl is known
- servant leadership is the guiding philosophy of Frensham girls
Frensham Boarding – 21st Century Learning
The boarding experience and environment provides substantial academic learning benefits
- personalised programmes to inspire excellence
- fixed study times and extended access to teachers and studios
- extended-day workshops and academic coaching
Each student is encouraged to be active and compassionate in recognising the needs of others and to respond with generosity, leadership by example and integrity
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
From STEM to STE(A)Mm
Frensham ~ Girls School leading the way in STEM education…
- Science and Technology interpreted through Engineering and the Arts, all based in elements of Mathematics, embedded in music
- Sturt* Design & Fabrication Studios form a creative hub in digital design and fabrication with access to the latest technologies
- F1-in-Schools competition, Science and Engineering Challenge, drone project, international coding competitions
*Sturt campus is a centre of excellence in design and fabrication for students and adults
Frensham’s Jamieson Programme is built on the belief that teenagers are risktakers growing up in a complex and rapidly changing world.
- Global Citizenship
- Health, Fitness and Physical Challenge
- Critical, Ethical and Flexible Thinking
- Responsibility, Service and Leadership
- Cambridge IGCSE ‘Global Perspectives’ and ‘AS General Paper’, focusing on critical thinking skills for a global society, are the perfect fit for Frensham’s Jamieson Programme
- Frensham Life
Character and Leadership
Frensham challenges students to show grit, gratitude and good humour…
- the imperative to contribute is inspired by seniors setting the finest example and caring about their impact
- Frensham success is well measured by the confident way that girls carry themselves beyond school to make a positive contribution to the world
Unique to Frensham
Jamieson ProgrammeLearn more
Frensham’s HSC 2022 results
Our HSC 2022 cohort comprised 62 Year 12 students and 10 Year 11 accelerated students
- Three of Year 12 students achieved an ATAR above 98, with 60% of Year 12 students achieved an ATAR above 80.
- We are proud of the efforts and achievements of the Class of 2022 – a year group with great spirit, school pride and enthusiasm for learning.
- See full report